Meet The Team
Graham Turner - Managing Director
- Graham is the MD and founder of GTCI Ltd.
- He started GTCI Ltd over 30 years ago working mostly for the largest universities of London with interior fit-outs and changes to internal facilities. Which we still do today.
- Continued projects with the Royal Brompton Hospital, where we still do their staff and clientelle flats and apartments throughout London. We have also worked in the main hospital premises.
- We also work for the MOD at three barracks across the South east.
- Continued works throughout most of the leading Universities, including London University.
- Graham is a guiding light for our company and has an over view of the direction we take.
Nick Turner-Goldsmith - Contracts Director
- Nick works closely with MD – Graham Turner and has total responsibility for the contracts matters of GTCI Ltd
- Nick has worked for GTCI Ltd for over 10 years
- Qualified for SSSTS Civil Engineering supervision qualification, leading the team to ensure GTCI Ltd quality of service and products.
- Nick has moved the company forward from our base of large interior refurbishment projects throughout London and the South East to much larger new builds and development works. This includes Asbestos removal and large demolition works.
- Including working for Lycee Francais school at Andre Malraux school in Ealing on a new roof.
- Nick continues the ethos of the company which is a clear understanding that all operatives or sub-contractors who work for GTCI Ltd must have quality first, second and always at the top of their endeavours.
- GTCI Ltd aims to be at the top of our sector in new builds and refurbishments in London and the South East of England.
- Our goals are simple, create a team of willing, able and professional people who care about what they do. Whatever their role.
- Committed to making a safe environment for all to work in.
Oliver Goldsmith - Contracts Manager
- Oliver has been with GTCI Ltd for over 4 years, as a site Foreman/Manager and has recently moved into the Contracts department.
- He moved into the Contract department early last year to take some of the workload from Nick, and ensure each site receives a weekly visit.
- His key role now is to ensure the correct product or materials are on site when the site manager/supervisor needs it.
Tony Abela - Electrical Manager
- Tony with over 40 years of experience as a senior Electrician and Electrical Engineer
- Started his career with Chatham Dockyard as an apprentice and qualified as an electrician 1977.
- Tony leads our electrical department and has done so for over 8 years.
- As each project needs a fresh, clear mind with old values to ensure it goes right first time.
- Tony is perfect for this job.
Les Carling - RICS - Quantity Surveyor
- Les qualified as a Quantity surveyor over 35 years ago with London Borough of Southwark.
- He worked alongside the Metropolitan police for many years.
- Spending over 15 years with local authorities in London, developing systems for a financial protection when ordering materials for many teams working in this sector.
- And has worked for GTCI Ltd for nearly 5 years.
- As the QS it is Les’ role to ensure that all products and materials are ordered in time to be on site at the correct time. Oliver Goldsmith, (Contracts Manager) works closely with Les to ensure that this happens.
- Visiting site to ensure that costs are controlled, and quality is assured.
- Assists in tendering for new projects.
- Keeping up to date on material and Labour costs.
- The man to go to with contract information.
Steve Killick - Health & Safety, Compliance Manager
- Steve has worked in the construction industry for over 20 years.
- Steve leads the Health, safety and compliance department for GTCI Ltd.
- He has his NEBOSH & MSSTS qualification.
- He has worked on many projects which include Historic works, Hotels, groundworks, and new builds.
- Achieving with assistance from the team.
- NICeic with Tony Abela
- Working towards ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001 Accreditation now.
- Introducing, implementing, developing and promoting Health and Safety policies on all levels of the business from our MD to all that work with GTCI Ltd.
- Working closely with all new personnel with our inductions to new starters.
- Developing Risk Assessments and COSHH assessments for various tasks and substances.
- Developing and delivering distinct types of in house training such as Asbestos Awareness, Working at Height, Risk Assessment Training and various other types of H & S related training and programmes. Being assisted by our relationship with an external consultant.